3 Peaks Paul

Snowdon (Wales), Scafell Pike (England), Ben Nevis (Scotland).... 24 hours. Eek!

Sunday 14 June 2009

Snowdon... yet again

5 weeks to go...

Well, once more I hauled myself at Snowdon.

I decided to take the Miners track again, because it's the route we're doing on the 3 peaks. The 3 peaks gives us about 4 hours to get up and down Snowdon, before having to make haste to go onto Scafell Pike. Today I did it in 4 hrs 02mins, including a 15 minute lunch stop at the top.

To be fair, I found it pretty hard going because I was constantly pushing myself and keeping an eye on the time. That said, it's a couple of hours later now, and I'm completely recovered, so I think I would be OK to crack on up Scafell now. Which is good actually, because that is exactly what I'll be doing soon.

This is the first time I've done the Miners track since the first ascent up it. I had to chuckle. The path that I thought was 6 inches wide and covered in snow on that first time, is actually about 10ft wide. There was no chance realistically either me or Mysti were going to go for a tumble. Still. Better to be cautious!!

Well, next weekend we're doing Pen-y-Fan in the Brecon Beacons. This is a tgrip the other people at work doing the 3 peaks organised, but one of my friends, Nadine, is coming too, so it should be a bit of a laugh.

I'll write about that next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home