3 Peaks Paul

Snowdon (Wales), Scafell Pike (England), Ben Nevis (Scotland).... 24 hours. Eek!

Saturday 14 March 2009

Snowdon tomorrow


Well, I've been keeping an eye on the weather, and it looks like the cloud base is going to be 800m or above for Snowdon, which as far as I know is still higher the tricky parts of the climb, although the summit will probably be in the cloud.

Today I went out and bought myself some new gear, jackets, fleeces, waterproofs, etc. All the things I've never really worried about before. So now I'm kitted out. I had a bit of fun earlier and wore the full kit, and had someone hose me down, happily, stayed bone dry.

My brother is considering coming up Snowdon tomorrow as well, I'm doubtful he will because it'll mean leaving at some ridiculously early time in the morning to get there.

I've decided I'll be taking the Pyg trail up to the summit. Although reading some forum posts, there was still a fair bit of ice around, but those were a couple of weeks ago, if it looks like the conditions are poor, I'll just do what I can and not be worried to turn back if I need to.

All in all, looking forward to tomorrow. This will be the first time in quite a while I've done any hiking, but I'm hoping the running I've been doing will have paid off. We'll see!

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 14 March 2009 at 14:55 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

MSN me the time you're setting off, might encourage Dave to kick me out of bed on the way past and give you some morale support ;)

 
At 14 March 2009 at 16:47 , Blogger 3 Peaks Paul said...

Hey Chris, MSN'd you my plans. Thinking about coming along? When I asked Dave earlier he said "probably not". Booooo! Let me know if you fancy coming.

 
At 14 March 2009 at 21:11 , Blogger Kelly said...

Looking good Paul. Take care tomorrow :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home